Meet Ashley Joseph
Office Locations: Springfield
Q&A with Ashley Joseph
- Q: Tell us about your background as a physician assistant.A: I went to undergrad in western NY and PA school at MCPHS University in Worcester, MA, graduating in 2016.
- Q: Why did you choose to become a physician assistant?A: I have always been fascinated by the human body and how far modern science has come to help those who are struggling. I always knew teaching others about their medical conditions and helping them heal was something I would thrive in. Medicine is a noble profession; to me, being able to be a tiny piece of that field is the greatest gift.
- Q: Why did you choose to practice in an open access primary care practice?A: I love that in primary care, I am really able to get to know my patients in a one-on-one setting and remember small details about them, which probably suits my more introverted nature :). Urgent care allows me to see more acute conditions and practice procedural skills.
- Q: What unique skills do you possess?A: I like to think I am a good listener, and I believe this helps me connect with my patients, and most importantly, understand where they are coming from.
- Q: Describe your day to day activities, priorities and tasks. What do you like best?A: The best part about working is of course seeing your patients. Things like lab results and other test results also become priorities as the day goes on.
- Q: What accomplishments are you most proud of?A: Passing PA school, becoming certified, and finding a job that suits my interests all in the course of a few short years.
- Q: What are the key challenges of this field of medicine? How is it changing?A: Medicine is changing every single hour. Every patient is different. Therein is our challenge.
- Q: If you couldn’t be a physician assistant, what would you be doing?A: Without a doubt I would be a history teacher!
- Q: What makes working at Care Station special?A: The people here – and their warm, welcoming natures.
- Q: Why should patients choose Care Station for their primary care?A: We believe in full-body medicine, rather than zoning in on one particular organ, which is so important when choosing a primary care provider. We also have specialists attached to our office, adding to convenience.
- Q: Tell us a little something about yourself.A: I’m originally from Jersey and spent several years away before moving back home.
- Q: How do you like to spend your free time?A: I love to read anything and everything, so suggestions are welcome :). I also love to spend time with my friends and family – they are my treasure.