Meet Christopher Dever
Office Locations: West Orange
Q&A with Christopher Dever
- Q: Tell us about your background as a physician assistant.A: After graduating with my undergraduate degree in Biology at the University of Illinois at Chicago, I moved to Tennessee where I grew my passion for medicine as an optometric technician. I decided to look beyond the eye and ended up at the University of the Cumberlands where I began my journey to become a physician assistant.
- Q: Why did you choose to become a physician assistant?A: I’ve always been interested in helping others and I knew it would be rewarding to improve the lives of other people.
- Q: Why did you choose to practice in an open access primary care practice?A: I wanted the opportunity to build relationships with my patients and have a greater responsibility for their everyday health.
- Q: What unique skills do you possess?A: I am a great listener and have a special ability to bond with people.
- Q: Describe your day to day activities, priorities and tasks. What do you like best?A: Every day starts with a great cup of coffee followed up with seeing patients, reviewing labs, and contacting patients.
- Q: What accomplishments are you most proud of?A: I am proud of being a physician assistant.
- Q: What are the key challenges of this field of medicine? How is it changing?A: The biggest challenges to this field of medicine are the evolving technology and advancements in care.
- Q: If you couldn’t be a physician assistant, what would you be doing?A: If I couldn’t be a physician assistant I would be in research/teaching. I love to learn, and I love to educate whether it’s with patients or on my own.
- Q: What makes working at Care Station special?A: The ability to see patients for their acute and chronic care at the same place.
- Q: Why should patients choose Care Station for their primary care?A: We have a great group of providers and supporting staff where we can offer many services through our practice to better care for our patients.
- Q: Tell us a little something about yourself.A: I love to travel, workout, and eat.
- Q: How do you like to spend your free time?A: I love to spend my free time with family and friends.