Meet Dr. Richard Bezozo
Office Locations: Linden
Dr. Richard Bezozo is Chief Executive Officer of Care Station Medical Group, which he established in 1990 to meet the growing need for integrated primary and urgent care. It has since grown to a premier practice with four locations in Central and Northern New Jersey. Dr. Bezozo serves as Regional Medical Director for major corporations, municipalities, and school districts. He is a recognized speaker on issues ranging from substance abuse and safety in the work place to workers’ compensation cost control. He was a founding member of Urgent Cares of New Jersey, a trade organization that represented Urgent Care centers throughout the state.
Dr. Bezozo received his under graduate degree from CW Post College, Long Island University in 1979, and received his medical degree at St. Georges University School of Medicine in 1983. He completed two years of surgical residency at Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, New York and three years of Internal Medicine residency at Muhlenberg Hospital in Plainfield, New Jersey.
Q&A with Richard Bezozo
- Q: Why did you choose to become a doctor?A: My father was ill when I was young.
- Q: Why did you choose to practice in an open access primary care practice?A: I didn’t choose it, it chose me. During Residency, I moonlighted in a primary care setting. It just seemed right.
- Q: What unique skills do you possess?A: I can talk to people.
- Q: Describe your day to day activities, priorities and tasks. What do you like best?A: Organize and Prioritize.
- Q: What accomplishments are you most proud of?A: My family and then building a great medical practice.
- Q: What are the key challenges of this field of medicine? How is it changing?A: To many challenges to name just one.
- Q: What makes working at Care Station special?A: Our staff and our patients. They are exceptional.
- Q: Why should patients choose Care Station for their primary care?A: We treat everyone special. Boutique care at no additional cost.
- Q: How do you like to spend your free time?A: With my family and friends.