Meet Dr. John Green
Office Locations: Springfield, Linden
Q&A with John Green
- Q: Tell us about your background as a doctor.A: Cornell University Medical School | Internship/Residency - UMDNJ | Fellowship Gastroenterology - Long Island Jewish Medical
- Q: Why did you choose to become a doctor?A: I’ve always enjoyed the sciences and new developments, and seeing laboratory research advance to clinical practice.
- Q: Why did you choose to practice in an open access primary care practice?A: After leaving specialty practice, I have found this to be a way to expand my narrowed focus of medicine.
- Q: What unique skills do you possess?A: Because of my subspecialty training I can act as an added resource even in a primary care setting.
- Q: Describe your day to day activities, priorities and tasks. What do you like best?A: My day to day activities other than medicine is doing research. I’m also working on two writing projects; both biographies of individuals who have made great contributions but seem to have been forgotten.
- Q: What accomplishments are you most proud of?A: The accomplishment I am most proud of is my two daughters. Despite their busy schedules, they find time to help those who are less fortunate than themselves. They work on projects such as Habitat for Humanity and working in a Pediatric Aids Orphanage.
- Q: What are the key challenges of this field of medicine? How is it changing?A: Unlike the work I have done for the last 30 years, the number of problems I see are more diverse.
- Q: If you couldn’t be a physician, what would you be doing?A: If I couldn’t be a Medical Doctor I think my passion would be in animal rights.
- Q: What makes working at Care Station special?A: I find the people that I work with are extremely hard working and enjoy what they are doing.
- Q: Why should patients choose Care Station for their primary care?A: Patients should choose Care Station Medical Group because I have found that it is one of the few places where a comprehensive exam is performed consitent with recommended clinical guidelines.
- Q: Tell us a little something about yourself.A: I like to play golf though I am not very good at it. I like to learn about wine and the manufacturing process.
- Q: How do you like to spend your free time?A: I like to spend time on research for my two novels.