Meet Kevin Avichal
Office Locations: Linden
Q&A with Kevin Avichal
- Q: Tell us about your background as a physician assistant.A: I attended St. John’s University where I completed both Undergrad and Physician Assistant studies. I built my clinical experience throughout the 5 boroughs of New York City including Long Island.
- Q: Why did you choose to become a physician assistant?A: I’ve had a passion for science and medicine from a very young age when I had become an EMS volunteer. I always looked forward to a rewarding career where I can help those in need on a day-to-day basis.
- Q: Why did you choose to practice in an open access primary care practice?A: I chose to do so due to the immense variety of medical conditions I would be exposed to in a single day. Also, I enjoy establishing a relationship with my patients and following up with them through a course of a treatment.
- Q: What unique skills do you possess?A: I am an ambitious, empathetic, and exuberant individual and I do my very best to provide the highest level of patient care to make sure everyone leaves the office feeling content.
- Q: Describe your day to day activities, priorities and tasks. What do you like best?A: In between seeing scheduled and walk-in patients, I take out time to follow-up patients on lab results via phone call.
- Q: What accomplishments are you most proud of?A: I take pride in being part of a challenging profession and graduating from a rigorous program of my choice.
- Q: What are the key challenges of this field of medicine? How is it changing?A: The field of medicine is always evolving and the challenges that we face as providers are staying up to date with research and evidence-based medicine. It is changing for the better as now we have access to a host of sources at our fingertips with the advancement of technology.
- Q: If you couldn’t be a physician assistant, what would you be doing?A: If I couldn’t become a physician assistant, I would have become a physical therapist.
- Q: What makes working at Care Station special?A: Being able to work at Care Station is special because every day is unique with a great array of patients and having an opportunity to work with a talented team.
- Q: Why should patients choose Care Station for their primary care?A: Care Station is a multi-specialty group that allows the best access to healthcare within minutes with our on-site lab, radiology team, and diagnostic procedures with a fully staffed team to provide efficient care during extended hours.
- Q: Tell us a little something about yourself.A: I was born and raised in New Jersey, I love traveling and learning about different cultures and ethnicities. I can speak fluently in 3 different languages.
- Q: How do you like to spend your free time?A: During my free time I enjoy spending time with friends/family, traveling, hiking, trying new places to eat, and having some down time catching up on TV shows.