Meet Kristen Pluchino
Office Locations: Springfield
Q&A with Kristen Pluchino
- Q: Tell us about your background as a physician assistant.A: I attended Rutgers University’s 3+3 combined program. I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, and went on to pursue my Masters in Physician Assistant studies.
- Q: Why did you choose to become a physician assistant?A: I became a physician assistant because I love having the privilege to impact the health and life of others in a positive way, while also being able to practice in a field that I find fulfilling and fascinating.
- Q: Why did you choose to practice in an open access primary care practice?A: I enjoy primary care because being able to create a relationship with my patients and being a first-line defense against many diseases is rewarding to partake in.
- Q: What unique skills do you possess?A: I am a self-taught guitarist and pianist.
- Q: Describe your day to day activities, priorities and tasks. What do you like best?A: My favorite part of the day is being able to talk to my patients and listen to their needs.
- Q: What accomplishments are you most proud of?A: I am most proud of receiving my degree to practice medicine.
- Q: What are the key challenges of this field of medicine? How is it changing?A: A key challenge of medicine is access to care. I believe if everyone had the ability to receive care without reservation, it would lead to better health outcomes. I hope this becomes a reality one day.
- Q: If you couldn’t be a physician assistant, what would you be doing?A: I would be a veterinarian.
- Q: What makes working at Care Station special?A: Care Station has a staff that really embodies what team-work should be.
- Q: Why should patients choose Care Station for their primary care?A: Care Station has a comprehensive, patient-centered approach that allows patients to really experience what preventative medicine is all about.
- Q: Tell us a little something about yourself.A: I rescued a 9-year-old Italian Greyhound and she is my world!
- Q: How do you like to spend your free time?A: I enjoy going to music festivals, playing piano, listening to podcasts, and lounging with my pup!