Meet Lori Brandell
Office Locations: Springfield, Linden, West Orange
Q&A with Lori Brandell
- Q: Tell us about your background as a registered nurse.A: I graduated from Wilkes University with a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing. I have experience in NICU, family medicine, school nursing and most recently dermatology.
- Q: Why did you choose to become a registered nurse?A: I always wanted to do something in the medical field. It’s something different every day.
- Q: Why did you choose to practice in an open access primary care practice?A: Of all my work experiences, dermatology is my favorite. When the opportunity came to be a part of a dermatology team at Care Station, I could not pass it up.
- Q: What unique skills do you possess?A: I’m good at multi-tasking, prioritizing and staying calm under pressure.
- Q: Describe your day to day activities, priorities and tasks. What do you like best?A: My daily activities include getting patient’s histories and getting them ready for their visit. I also help with reviewing test results, refills, etc. I like getting to know our patients and the fact that every day is something different.
- Q: What accomplishments are you most proud of?A: My family and my degree.
- Q: What are the key challenges of this field of medicine? How is it changing?A: Trying to get insurance companies to cover medications and treatments that are best for our patients.
- Q: If you couldn’t be a registered nurse, what would you be doing?A: Traveling the world and event planning.
- Q: What makes working at Care Station special?A: The team approach and easy access to medical care.
- Q: Why should patients choose Care Station for their primary care?A: Its more than just primary care.
- Q: Tell us a little something about yourself.A: I’ve lived in NJ my entire life. I’m happily married and have 3 amazing kids and a dog.
- Q: How do you like to spend your free time?A: Spending time with my family and friends, traveling, cooking, watching football, and spending summers at the Jersey shore.