Meet Dr. Mark Schwartz
Office Locations: Secaucus
Q&A with Mark Schwartz
- Q: Tell us about your background as a doctor.A: I received my Bachelor’s degree from Emory University and then my Medical degree at NY COM/NYIT and completed a family practice residency at St. Barnabas Hospital in 1996.
- Q: Why did you choose to become a doctor?A: As a 5-year-old I got a Fisher Price Doctor’s bag and always checked my family and friends. My passion to pursue medicine never ended.
- Q: Why did you choose to practice in an open access primary care practice?A: I love all factors of medicine: peds, ob/gyn, general medicine. On any day, you don’t know what type of patient will come in. I enjoy the challenges.
- Q: What unique skills do you possess?A: A great bedside manner and humor. I treat all my patients as if they were family.
- Q: Describe your day to day activities, priorities and tasks. What do you like best?A: I have a nice combination of interventional and specific patient oriented diagnostic skills including being excellent with procedures and then my surgical skills.
- Q: What accomplishments are you most proud of?A: I am proud of a 5-year-old that could reach his dream of becoming a doctor and making it a reality.
- Q: What are the key challenges of this field of medicine? How is it changing?A: Medicine has changed dramatically to involve more aspects in practice, including occupational medical and urgent care medicine.
- Q: If you couldn’t be a physician, what would you be doing?A: I would change the world as an entrepreneur like Elon Musk, innovation to help make the world a safer place.
- Q: What makes working at Care Station special?A: We treat all aspects of medicine and we are here to serve the needs of the community.
- Q: Why should patients choose Care Station for their primary care?A: We are part of a large coordinating heath system with a great staff and provide quality care.
- Q: Tell us a little something about yourself.A: To my many patients from Bergen Family Practice in Paramus, who I still love and care about, I am back at Care Station in Secaucus.
- Q: How do you like to spend your free time?A: I enjoy a nice glass of aged scotch or a great martini and a fine Cuban cigar, as well as skiing, golf, traveling and most importantly spending time with my family.