Meet Michael Phytides
Office Locations: Linden
Q&A with Michael Phytides
- Q: Tell us about your background as a physician assistant.A: Undergraduate Degree: University of the Sciences. Graduate Degree: PCOM
- Q: Why did you choose to become a physician assistant?A: I chose to become a Physician Assistant due to a personal experience with my grandfather’s health. He was hospitalized in the ICU and my family was informed he was in a coma. There was much distress within my family due to lack of communication from the medical staff. It was the Physician Assistant who took the time out to inform us every day on my grandfather’s health until the day he woke up from his coma.
- Q: Why did you choose to practice in an open access primary care practice?A: I find continuity of care essential in practicing medicine. Care Station Medical Group provides me with that element to provide the best care.
- Q: What unique skills do you possess?A: I am bilingual in English and Greek.
- Q: Describe your day to day activities, priorities and tasks. What do you like best?A: Reading lab reports, taking care of patients and reading up on new medical knowledge.
- Q: What accomplishments are you most proud of?A: Establishing myself as a family medicine physician assistant.
- Q: What are the key challenges of this field of medicine? How is it changing?A: Staying current with new medical findings to provide updated and high quality care.
- Q: If you couldn’t be a physician assistant, what would you be doing?A: Continuing my schooling to work in a different medical profession.
- Q: What makes working at Care Station special?A: The ability to practice family medicine while widening the care to urgent care walk ins.
- Q: Why should patients choose Care Station for their primary care?A: High quality care and emphasis on preventative medicine.
- Q: How do you like to spend your free time?A: I like to speed all my free time with loved ones.