Meet Payal Shah
Office Locations: Springfield
Q&A with Payal Shah
- Q: Tell us about your background as a physician assistant.A: I’m a PA Trained in St. John’s University, I’ve had my rotations all around New York City in different fields ranging from internal medicine, ER, pediatrics/geriatrics, orthopedics, surgery and outpatient/inpatient settings.
- Q: Why did you choose to become a physician assistant?A: I chose to become a PA because I really wanted a career where I’d be helping people on a daily basis. As a PA I am able to practice in any field/setting at any given time. To me nothing is as satisfying as knowing that after a hard day’s work I’ve actually made a difference to people and their families by helping provide great care for their mental and and physical health.
- Q: Why did you choose to practice in an open access primary care practice?A: I chose to practice in this field because I wanted to be exposed to a variety of different patients and a variety of different ailments. This particular field is very exciting because you never know what you’ll face day to day and that is a very exciting proposition.
- Q: What unique skills do you possess?A: I possess many skills ranging from proper diagnosing, treatment, laceration repair, orthopedic management, respiratory and cardiac support but my unique skill lies in trying to be as honest and forthcoming with the patients as possible. I try not to sugar coat situations but rather tell them my honest diagnosis and work with them to help find a solution or treatment for them. My bedside manner is also a unique skill that I possess.
- Q: Describe your day to day activities, priorities and tasks. What do you like best?A: My day to day activities include working at urgent/primary/occupational care setting, performing treadmill stress tests and spending quality time with my family.
- Q: What accomplishments are you most proud of?A: A major accomplishment so far in my young career has been to actually work as a professional in this challenging field. I take pride in working in this profession and it is one of the prouder moments in my life.
- Q: What are the key challenges of this field of medicine? How is it changing?A: Key challenges of this field of medicine is to always try and stay as updated with the latest research, procedures and methodologies as much as possible. With constant research being done and new medicines being developed staying as well informed as possible will ultimately benefit my patients and myself.
- Q: If you couldn’t be a physician assistant, what would you be doing?A: If I couldn’t obtain a career as a PA I’d most likely be in a biopharmaceutical setting working with my degree in biology.
- Q: What makes working at Care Station special?A: Working at Care Station is very special because everyday I know I make a difference in someone’s life. I try and help improve their life as much as I can while expanding my own knowledge through the guidance of my wonderful and intelligent colleagues.
- Q: Why should patients choose Care Station for their primary care?A: Patients should choose Care Station because here you get a group of multi specialty professionals that really do care about their patients and want to help them with their health maintenance needs. If you want a group of professionals that care about you and your health then there is no better place than Care Station Medical Group.
- Q: Tell us a little something about yourself.A: I was born and raised in India and came here when I was quite young. I’ve dreamed about working in the medical field my whole life and this is a dream come true to help patients everyday.
- Q: How do you like to spend your free time?A: On my spare time I love to catch up on friends, family, movies, tv shows, and sometimes just sitting around doing nothing and just relaxing.