Meet Dr. Peiyun J. Chang
Office Locations: West Orange
Q&A with Peiyun J. Chang
- Q: Tell us about your background as a doctor.A: I attended Penn State University for my undergraduate degree in Biology. For my medical education, I attended the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, (formerly known as UMDNJ-SOM) where I also completed a residency in Family Medicine.
- Q: Why did you choose to become a doctor?A: I enjoy being a generalist who gets to work with many different aspects of medicine.
- Q: Why did you choose to practice in an open access primary care practice?A: I enjoy meeting with and learning about my patients, and working to improve the health of the community.
- Q: What unique skills do you possess?A: I am fluent in Mandarin Chinese. I also used to fix my classmates’ computers back when I was still in medical school.
- Q: Describe your day to day activities, priorities and tasks. What do you like best?A: The best day is when the team works together and everything flows smoothly along.
- Q: What accomplishments are you most proud of?A: I am proud to have become part of a challenging and engaging profession.
- Q: What are the key challenges of this field of medicine? How is it changing?A: The key challenge is the very fact that medicine is changing, constantly. There is always more to learn and understand.
- Q: If you couldn’t be a physician, what would you be doing?A: Prior to becoming a doctor, I was working in the pharmaceutical and bio-tech industry, and probably I’d be there still. However, compared with my prior work, I feel it is much more satisfying to be up close to your patients, where you can get to know them personally.
- Q: What makes working at Care Station special?A: Care Station has a system of good people that work together better than any I have seen so far.
- Q: Why should patients choose Care Station for their primary care?A: Care Station is an organization with a fantastic mission and philosophy behind it.
- Q: Tell us a little something about yourself.A: I was born in California, but our family moved when I was about 1 year-old, so I mostly grew up in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Q: How do you like to spend your free time?A: I enjoy traveling and spending time with friends and family. I also enjoy bicycling and hiking as well as board games.