Meet Shahenaz (Shenaz) Halani
Office Locations: Springfield, West Orange
Q&A with Shahenaz (Shenaz) Halani
- Q: Tell us about your background as a physician assistant.A: I went to Marist College for graduate school and completed my undergraduate studies from Wilson College in Bombay.
- Q: Why did you choose to become a physician assistant?A: My dream was always to become a healthcare provider. I had a successful career as an ultrasound technologist for 25 years and after raising two children I decided to go back to school to become a Physician Assistant.
- Q: Why did you choose to practice in an open access primary care practice?A: My goal as a healthcare provider is to treat the cause of a patient’s symptoms as well as educate the patient about their own well-being.
- Q: What unique skills do you possess?A: I am thoughtful, caring and a great listener.
- Q: Describe your day to day activities, priorities and tasks. What do you like best?A: The best part is interacting with patients, connecting with them and helping them.
- Q: What accomplishments are you most proud of?A: Raising two successful children, graduating from PA school and working in my dream field.
- Q: What are the key challenges of this field of medicine? How is it changing?A: The medical field is quickly changing, and a lot of information is available to the patient via Google. Patients are scared not knowing how to filter the information on the internet and it is sometimes difficult to assure the patient that what you are doing is in their best interest.
- Q: If you couldn’t be a physician assistant, what would you be doing?A: Continuing my career in ultrasound.
- Q: What makes working at Care Station special?A: The working environment is conducive to employee and patient care.
- Q: Why should patients choose Care Station for their primary care?A: At Care Station we treat the patient ‘s immediate concerns as well as helping them stay healthy.
- Q: Tell us a little something about yourself.A: I love gardening and cooking various ethnic dishes.
- Q: How do you like to spend your free time?A: My joy in life is gardening, specially growing tropical plants.