Often times one of the most overlooked components of a person’s health is their diet. We’ve all heard the saying, “you are what you eat.” Our registered dietitians and nutritionists couldn’t agree more.
Our nutrition specialists are not interested in counting calories. We want to tailor a unique strategy to improve your health. In some cases, it involves a plan to achieve weight loss. Others it is about finding solutions to allergy or GI (gastrointestinal) problems. Regardless of your motivation for wanting to focus on your diet as a part of your overall health. We are here to help you.
5 Reasons to See a Nutritionist
- Desire to improve eating habits: It’s common for people to know that they are not eating the way they know they should, but they don’t know where to start. Or for that matter what all the labels mean, and what is good/bad. We are happy to start at ground level and built up a plan to get you on the right path.
- Food allergy testing: Most of us know someone who is allergic to gluten, dairy, nuts, or some sort of food. If you’ve spoken with someone that makes you think you’re dealing with a food allergy or sensitivity, it is best to consult with us to ensure we have the right information before making a plan.
- Digestive issues: One of the most common reasons we work with people is that they have a history of diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn, or acid reflux. These conditions are usually the body’s response to something that it doesn’t like.
- Weight management: Our country as a whole has moved to an unhealthy level when it comes to weight management. Fast food restaurants, sugar based drinks and snacks, and countless other reasons have contributed to this. We work with people first to identify if there are health reasons for excessive weight and then tailor a plan to help shed the pounds without counting calories or points.
- Abnormal lab results. Care Station’s Primary Care Providers work closely with patients to monitor their long-term health. Lab work is a normal part of these evaluations. Our nutritionists can help if things like iron, glucose, or cholesterol are off when evaluating your lab results.
Our nutritionist team is passionate about health. We look forward to helping you achieve yours!